Monday, November 1, 2010

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Kate's 2nd Halloween went as I imagined. She wanted nothing to do with anything or anybody. Shocker. I had been prepping Kate for this holiday. We decorated the house, she had been watching Yo Gabba Gabba's Halloween episode, and we tried the pumpkin costume on her several times. Kate pretty much refused to wear the head piece to her costume, which was fine. She let us put the pumpkin costume during the "prepping" stage. Nanalu even made her a black tutu with purple ribbon which was supposed to be her "day" Halloween outfit.



Halloween eve rolls around. I have to wrestle her to the ground to put the tutu on her. She threw a massive fit! Forget about putting a bow on her head or the purple with black cat baby legs on her. After a while and pretending to wear the tutu (yes, me, wrapped around my leg) she finally let me put the tutu on her. On Halloween she had a really nice long nap. I thought this was perfect because then she would be in a good mood. Wrong. She was SO clingy (as usual) and only wanted to be held by me or my mom (Nana). Again, Shocker. The sun was setting and it was time for trick or treating. Which, in reality she wasn't going to ask for any candy and we were not going to go door to door. The idea was to take her for a ride in her red wagon with her Halloween costume on. After about an hour we finally "convinced" Kate to put on the costume. As you can see from the picture, she was not too pleased or enthused about this holiday as we were. Oh well, there is always next year!



However, the night did get better. After she came back from "trick or treating" she joined the rest of us to eat dinner. Our friends, Shawn and Rachael, our neighbor Sarah, and my mom and tia were at the house. Miss Kate finally warms up to everybody and even let Rachael or should I say "Aunt" Rachael hold her. You pretty much earn honorary "aunt" and "uncle" titles if Kate lets you hold her and especially if you can make her laugh! Rachael finally earned her title; it only took 19 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment