Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Colors!



"I'm thinking of a color, it's the color of"...for those of you who keep up with Kate's favorite show, "Yo Gabba Gabba", one of the characters, "Brobee", sings this song. I have been avoiding coloring for as long as I can for fear of having scribbles on my walls, furniture, me, etc. Well...I finally caved and figured Kate needed to engage in this favorite pastime...and she did exactly as I thought ~ colors on everything but paper, SHOCKER!

When it is my house I could care less because the crayons are washable and this is expected of a toddler. However, I need to teach Kate that she cannot color on furniture or pets because my job as a parent is to teach her right from wrong, etc...blah blah blah. We are housesitting for Mimi and Grandpa Mike right now and though I wanted to hide the evidence I am sure they are going to find something colored on that I missed before they get home. So I might as well make this public and show them what there "darling and perfect" granddaughter was doing to their home.

Grandpa MIke sorry to say but Kate went crazy with the outside chalk...it may have stained the concrete, it's on the posts and maybe some furniture legs. Nothing some water and a good scrub can't take care of!

Mimi, your gorgeous wood floor and coffee table had (have) beautiful art work by your granddaughter...Zoey (the golden doodle) may have some markings hidden under that fur too!

Mommy to the rescue!!! I am such a genius...I found wrapping paper ~ which for those of you who know Mimi (Linda) there is plenty of note pads, sticky notes, cards, and wrapping paper in her home! Anyhow, I laid wrapping paper on the coffee table and wahlah it is Kate's new place to color.




Daddy keeps telling her, "NO table, color on paper". So when Kate gets a crayon and sees her daddy she says, "No table...". Somehow I think she thinks if she says it but still does it it's ok? Toddler thinking I guess...It is quite cute though! What is not cute...when she yells at us, "I WANNNNNNTTTTTT Cuuuuuleeeeeerrrrrrrrrrsssssssss!"

2 comments:

  1. I've been impressed with how easily washable crayola stuff cleans up. I've had to clean a few "masterpieces" off my cabinets. All part of the creative process? Yea...I didn't feel that way either while I was cleaning it up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness for washable crayons!

    ReplyDelete