Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Big Girl Bed



She is no longer our baby, she is a big girl now. It makes me a little sad, but at the same time I love how independent Kate is and all the good changes that go along with this big girl territory.

Chris and I did not talk about when to transition Kate's crib to the toddler bed. All parents we knew told us to hold off as long as possible as the crib is a way to keep them contained. Chris came home yesterday and was looking in Kate's closet for something and he saw the toddler bed railing and just started disassembling the bed! As Chris put it...she is 2 1/2, it's time! I worried that Kate would not do well with the change, but she did great! She seemed excited about her new bed. Kate slept through the night and did not get out of her bed once. Even in the morning she yelled out, "MAAAAAAAMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAA" and when we walked in she was sitting in her bed.



Kate testing out her new bed



"OH! I can still jump in my bed? Cool!"

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome she did so well! For her nap I don't use the baby gate on Molly's room, and it's so cute when she comes running out to find me and say "mommy! I wake up!"

    ReplyDelete