Tuesday, January 26, 2010

No news is good news!

Molly Mac's mom and I sure do think alike. I was just thinking to myself all day that I needed to update the blog but kept thinking what can I write about?

Really, there is nothing new to report at this time. She has been saying "la la" for a while now. It started right before Christmas. Once in a while we hear "ma" and "da" or we just think we hear it because we so badly want to hear "mommy" and "daddy"! Though she doesn't have too many "words" down, we hear her babbling and communicating in her own way. It's amazing that I can understand her every cry and gesture. "I'm tired" is rubbing her ear or eye or grabbing her hair. "I'm hungry" is pursing her lips or making the fish lips and hearing the sucking sound. "Excited" is on her knees bobbing up and down with that big goofy grin waving her arms in hysterically. "Cranky" is the plain ol' cry and kind of whining "muh muh muh" that goes along with it. I have tried to expose Kate to sign language so that she knows the basics such as mom, dad, more, tired...but she has no interest in the DVD. But for now at least we know how to communicate with one another.

Other news in Kate's world. She is learning how to wave. I notice that when I say "hi" to people I do the baby wave to people, I really need to watch myself. She is not consistent with it, but she is getting there. I am trying to get her to give a high five. She is also becoming a pro with her sit-to-stand walker she received for Christmas. I will have to upload a video one of these days - she LOVES my cell phone so each time I pull it out to take a picture or video she usually stops what she is doing to get to my phone. My mom tells me that she mimics a lot now too. For instance when my mom combs her hair, Kate will grab the brush from her and try to do it herself. Usually Kate takes the brush from me and puts it in her mouth. That's something else she always does, grabs. When it is your hair or earring it is not so cute. Kate also loves to bite down on the spoon when she is eating so it turns into a tug of war. Here is picture her grandpa Gary took of her doing her thang. So hang in there for more updates, I am sure the next one will be that she took her first steps!

2 comments:

  1. That picture is too funny! Molly does this too, but without top teeth I doubt she's as effective as Kate :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well she isn't too interested in getting out of the bath, but she's definitely interested in getting in it. Yesterday she went head first over the side and into the tub.

    ReplyDelete