Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Play Date!



Molly and Grayson came over today for a play date. We spent most of the time trying to get them to look at the camera, play together, or just catch-up on motherhood! Kate was so excited to see kids since she has been away from the sitter and all of her "friends" for 2 weeks. She smiled when she saw Molly and Grayson. She also did her "excited" gesture (all of you who know Kate know what I am talking about). She clenches her fists and makes this grunting noise, it is much cuter than it sounds. Like I said previously, she doesn't know how to initiate play or tell somebody she is excited - she is 9 months old for heaven's sake - so when she saw Molly she tried to pull her hair. That must be baby speak for "I like you, let's play," well at least for Kate it is. I think Grayson was overwhelmed with the female to male ratio so he pretty much stuck close to his mom. There weren't too many tears shed and for the most part I think they had a good time together, all 30 minutes of it. Sometimes I think play dates are really for the parents, because it gives you some time while you watch your kids try to play together, and it is a chance to share parenting stories with other mom's! Let's do it again soon ladies (oh, yeah, and I am sure the kids would like it too)!


"C'mon kids, look at the camera"


"Molly look at the lollipop inside of this ball"


"Grayson, let me show you how to use this"


"Where is she going? Maybe she has another cool toy over there"

5 comments:

  1. Wow! You're on your game getting a post out so quickly. I think your pictures turned out better than mine, but I did get some cute ones of a smiley Kate. I'll get them posted soon. Can't wait to do it again! Thanks for the cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, I hate that camera, the other one is better...but not too bad. You will have to share the "smiley" Kate photos - those are rare:-) We need to plan it like once a month at each other's houses or other destination! As for being on my game with the blog - she went to the sitter so I had time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's EXACTLY what play dates are for! Even better when they involve wine :-) Bottle of vino for the Mom's and gold fish for the kiddos!!

    Love your blog - Kate is so so so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. or Mimosas or Bloody Mary's so early in the morning.

    ReplyDelete