Wednesday, March 10, 2010

March Madness

Kate turns 1 in 9 days! What a year it has been...I never would have imagined that this tiny little person could make my day the way she does (who could resist that toothy grin?).

Nothing new to report other than Kate stands. Loves to stand. She has been doing this for a while now, however, she is getting pretty good at standing for longer periods of time and does it all of the time. Standing during bath time is what she does - no sitting still for this child! Needless to say bath time is a bit nerve-wrecking and takes some skill on my part. While I am trying to clean and rinse her with one hand, the other hand is holding on to her making sure she doesn't fall and hit her head. She loves it as you can tell by the picture.



So yeah, Kate gets into shit, um, I mean stuff, all of the time. She loves to get things out of anything she can...shelves, cabinets, baskets, toy containers, bags, her laundry hamper and the list goes on and on. Now if I can just teach her how to put it all back...which may take a long time because I am still teaching Chris, hmmm.



I am certain we have added baby locks to all of the cabinets but it looks like toilet locks are in order.


(no Kate, we don't lick the toilet...yuck!)

So other than that nothing to report other than Kate is fantastic and we feel so blessed to have this beautiful child in our lives. Stay tuned for birthday pics...

3 comments:

  1. Isn't it awesome how they can disassemble a room COMPLETELY in seconds. As soon as I'm in the new place I'm going to go baby gate/baby lock crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes! my mom and I were commenting that day that I posted the blog how her shit is everywhere! Whatever she can get her hands on, she does. You can tell when Kate has been somewhere...her room, forget about keeping those books on the shelf and laundry in the hamper...stuff scattered everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We tried with Chris, we really did! You have to admit Parenthood is a blast. Grumpy Mike

    ReplyDelete