Saturday, April 3, 2010

Spring Break Fun (except for the doctor visit)!

I have not blogged since Kate's birthday party so I thought I would fill you in on what has happened since then. We have been so busy! On the 22nd of March Kate had her 12-month check-up with her pediatrician, Dr. B. All is good! She weighed 22 pounds and measured 29 inches in length. Kate also had her MMR vaccination which was not fun to watch. I have never cried at any of her appointments when she was given her shots, but I did this time. I had never heard her cry the way she did, it broke my heart! Poor baby! She may have had a reaction to this shot because she was running a fever the next weekend and she broke out into this rash on her torso. The doc said that she could have a reaction up to 2 weeks later. Kate is also still teething (I swear she has been teething non-stop since she was 3 months old) so that may have had something to do with the fever. I see a new upper and lower tooth coming in...so far she has 2 upper and 2 lowers.

Her pediatrician gave us the "ok" to stop the formula and begin with whole milk. He also told us to take her off of the bottle as well. We are SLOWLY transitioning to that one. Kate is just beginning to actually use the sippy cup instead of use it as a toy. She seems to like the sip cup with the straw. Now she sucks as opposed to chewing on it and throwing it across the room. I also bought a sip cup called "Thinkbaby" which is supposed to "trick" them into thinking it is a bottle but is really a sip cup. She is too smart to be fooled by that. Chris and I just can't handle her crying for her bottle so we still give them to her. It is SO convenient so we will just keep that secret between all of us and won't say a thing to her pediatrician about the bottle debate. We will slowly tackle it just as we have approached this whole baby thing. I am just happy we have stopped with the formula - at $24 a container which lasted us one week we are happy to have switched to whole milk which is a mere $4.94 for 2 gallons!


(buh bye Similac!)


(Eating eggs - yum!)

One thing Kate has always been good at is eating - hmmm, just like her mommy and daddy. I made her scrambled eggs and she loves them. Kate has always tried whatever foods we have. She also does not like us feeding her so we just chop up bits and pieces of whatever we are eating for her. Some things she probably shouldn't eat is junk food, but on occasion it's ok, right?! We took Kate to the fair and she tried a yummy cinnamon roll and a corn dog - of course, she gobbled it right up! She was so good at the fair. Kate watched all of the people and took in all of the excitement around her. She was such a trooper with all of the loud noises, she even fell asleep in her stroller - which she never does! This girl is a creature of habit and only sleeps in her crib (or playpen at grandma's or the sitter's house) and she actually fell asleep in her stroller at the fair. I was shocked!


(sleeping at the Fair amidst the crowds and loud music blaring in front of a ride)


(Kate and mom at the Fair)

Lastly, Kate celebrated her 2nd Easter. We went over to Gramma Delia and Grampa Gary's house for Easter dinner. My mom wanted Kate to participate in an easter egg hunt...haha. She seemed to enjoy her eggs filled with treats. We tried to get her to pose with her goodies but she was far more interested in the rocks.


("Look what I got!")


("Hmmmm, I want to play in the rocks so you better take a quick pic mom")


("did you get the pic? I'm outta here")

1 comment:

  1. Kate and Molly are in the same boat. MMR on the 22nd (and two more teeth to boot) and a low fever yesterday and today (just enough to make things sucky). No fun!

    In reference to weaning (from nursing anyhow) my Doc said "sometime before the prom." (he said same goes for potty training) I'm sure she'll figure it all out eventually, most of us do :-)

    ReplyDelete