Tuesday, December 13, 2011

I go see her?

I love Kate and her Kateisms. She makes me laugh everyday, what a funny girl she is turning out to be!

What is in a typical day for Kate? Hmmm, let's see.

Bright and early every morning I hear, "Maaaaaaaaamaaaaaaaaa!" I either (a) go running to Kate and ask her how she slept and then I rub her back or (b) Chris and I convince her to get out of her bed and open door (as we are laying in bed yelling instructions to her).

If I get up to to do morning routine with Kate, she always asks where her daddy is. If I tell her that he is sleeping she says, "I go see her?". I correct her by saying, "yes, you can go see HIM". Everybody seems to be a "her" right now. We asked her if Santa was a boy or girl, and she responded "girl". That is another thing, Kate is really getting into and understanding Christmas and Santa Claus. She is also really into pretending. Kate loves to pretend to bake and give cupcakes to everybody. However, be prepared to eat the cupcake correctly by peeling the cupcake liner off first and then taking a bite! She loves to pretend it is somebody's birthday and sing the birthday song and then of course hand out cupcakes to everybody. She is still into her babies and loves pretending to bathe, feed, and change their diapers. She even tried to change one of my Santa figurine's diaper today. I catch her singing all the time, right now her favorites are 'twinkle twinkle little star', 'happy birthday' and 'jingle bells'. She even sings to her babies which now include more stuffed animals (monkey, 2 Olivia's, pillow pet, baby pillow pet, Brobee, heart, and elephant). She sits them down and I hear her say, "I'll be back okay guys?"

She is SO verbal, and to think how worried we were about her language development! Kate talks nonstop, asks questions nonstop, and is just a little chatterbox. We are constantly asked "what are you doing?" When we explain what we are doing she responds, "oh, okay"...like she knew all along. Kate is also counting to 20 (not perfectly, but getting pretty good). She even counts objects and has number correspondence up to 11. I just cannot believe how fast she is growing up and what a bright, beautiful, funny, and independent little girl she is turning into. What a blessed family we are! We love you Kate Ava!

No comments:

Post a Comment