Tuesday, August 7, 2012

End of Summer 2012

Well, the time has come to say goodbye to Summer.  Technically Summer is not over I know, but we are done with our Summer fun as we go back to the real world.  The first day of school is August 8th, which is my first day back.  Chris started on July 23rd with his new gig as Assistant Principal.  I can't recall anything too exciting we did, but it was relaxing and stress free not worrying about getting to work on time that is for sure.  I was especially stress free as Kate spent most of her days at the sitter's house.  Yay for Lori!  We attempted a couple of classes for Kate; swimming and "tumbling".  She dropped out of both classes.  She went to tumbling three times but was SO clingy to me it was more annoying than fun to take her.  She lasted 30-minutes at swim class but figured after slapping the lifeguard and screaming bloody murder for me that this was not going to work.  Yes, I let my child quit.  She is 3, no biggie.  Let's hope ballet classes she starts in a week will work out better.  Maybe we will have better luck if Chris takes her.  Daddy don't play as he says.

Tumbling school drop out
A happy moment                                                       
Before she started assaulting the lifeguard

Kate is growing and talking nonstop.  I always mention this, the talking bit, because (1) she talks NONSTOP...and (2) she has this incredibly funny muppet voice.  I am finding that this age is very challenging.  Kate is bossy.  I feel like I hear constantly "mom, don't say that", "don't say it like that", "mom, want to play...do it like this".  If she says or does something funny we often get, "it's not funny, don't laugh!".  If she wants to play she dictates every single little move that you have to make.  So it is not much fun playing with her because she is the puppet master.  But, of course there are the good moments...let me get back to you on that.

Chris has been super busy.  I have been trying to get his office ready before the first day of school.  When I get a chance I will post of picture of his office.  He seems really happy and loves working with the staff and parents.  He is really excited for the first day of school.

I am looking forward to getting back to work, but not in this heat!  It is no fun getting all dressed up in this heat.  I bought some mini hairsprays to keep my hair poofy all day long.



Kate eating her free breakfast at daddy's school

Kate is very brave in the pool!  She loves her "water wings" and jumping in the pool now!

Kate loves her cousin Maria too.  See, there is she ordering Maria around.  "Push me in my stroller!"

Our excitement this Summer, trying to outrun the haboob in Phoenix

No comments:

Post a Comment