Sunday, September 5, 2010

Neither rain, nor snow, nor sleet, nor hail, nor 109 degrees...



109 degree weather will not stop Kate from playing outside. This girl LOVES being outside, which is awesome....EXCEPT we live in freaking Yuma! When somebody opens a door leading outside there is no stopping Kate from wanting to go outside. If you do not let her go, she will wail...falling to the the ground with fists and feet pounding on the ground and screams heard around the world. I gave in when Chris and Bum Bum left to get us take-out tonight. We hung out in the backyard in the blistering heat. But once you pop an otter-pop it isn't so bad, or we were just so hot we began hallucinating. Once the beads of sweat and red puffy cheeks were very evident on Kate I fought her to get her inside. A nice cool bath distracted her once we came inside the wonderfully air-conditioned house - ah, relief! Looking forward to the dip in temps...which still seem so far away!


"I make frizzy curly hair, red cheeks and sweat look good!"


chill-ax-ing on hot metal chairs


sitting on hot stones looking at, who knows? (but I LOVE LOVE LOVE this picture and my Kate!)

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. I HATE being outside right now, but Molly just doesn't get it, she seems to have no concept of temperature. I count on Jonny to take her out...I'm not leaving A/C until November.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her hair is SO ADORABLE! Getting so long & curly...too cute! I hear you with the heat. It sucks b/c being outside is the one thing that often calms Grayson down too & puts him in a better mood.....seems to do just the opposite for me :)

    ReplyDelete