Friday, September 10, 2010

Taming of the fro

Good bye fro!


Sorry Kate my love, but seriously, your hair was out. of. control. We needed to do something to tame those locks.



Hello scissors!

I took Kate to see my hairdresser, who is also my sis-in-law and Kate's aunt. Nana showed up for the first cut too. So let me point something out. Kate will not let me comb her hair. I have tried several combs and brushes. That is not the problem. Kate is the problem. She is going to be that kid who is all "grenuda" ~ sorry Mexican folks but that is the best I could do to spell it out ~ which means "messy hair". The sight of any comb and the spray bottle and Kate runs away from me yelling, "no no no no no." So taking her to get a cut posed as an issue for me. Lollipop to the rescue! Once Nana held her and she started sucking on her blow-pop she was totally fine. Yancey sprayed her hair with water and starting combing it without any problems. Sorry I don't have any after pictures. I think I was in shock that Kate actually sat still for more than 5 seconds. She was SO good at the salon. I think I am still in shock actually. Anyhoo, stay tuned for "after" pictures.

1 comment: