Monday, July 19, 2010

16 months old today...and teething

Here I am at 11:30 pm checking out the Blog because I cannot sleep and I just realized that Kate is 16 months old today. Today was a pretty tough day. Kate is teething and the poor child has been in agonizing pain today. She had a fever on and off all day long and the tylenol appeared to kick-in around 7pm this evening. She was finally able to eat a little bit at that time and began playing and laughing like her usual self. The only thing that made her laugh today was her dad tossing Kix in the air while Blake caught them. It was really cute when she tried to toss them to Blake.

As I sit here writing this I can hear her every once in a while crying and then it goes away and she falls back to sleep. Hopefully tomorrow is a better day for Kate. The left molar is already out, it is the right one that made its appearance and broke today. We tried teething rings, cold drinks, and otter-pops, but for Kate the thing that really worked was laying on my chest. That has to be the best feeling in world. Even though she is in so much pain it gives me some relief that I can a least soothe her in that way. I will take advantage of this time, even though I get no sleep, because when she is feeling better she will be on the move again ~ which means no more cuddling but chasing (and keeping up with) Miss Kate!

2 comments:

  1. We are doing the same thing here. Molly has 2 molars and that last pesky lateral coming in right now and she's been miserable. Last two day's she's had a low grade fever and it was just this morning she finally seemed to be a normal temperature. Teething blows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is still "off" today ~ but at least no fever today! Teething sucks!

    ReplyDelete