Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Merry Christmas!




Kate enjoyed her 2nd Christmas. She still does not "get" what is going on, but she sure did have fun opening all of her gifts! Her grandparents went crazy and she got way too many toys and books, but that is their job and it saves Chris and I money! Nana and Papa got her an outdoor slide and golf clubs for their house. She also got clothes, shoes, and a baby (which is so cute to watch her feed and change her baby). Tata Tony gave her good ol' money! Bum Bum got her a slide and bunch of really cool and educational Melissa and Doug puzzles (which, of course I picked out). Grandma Linda and Grandpa Mike went crazy with toys, books and her very own Pottery Barn Kids chair. Her great-grandma gave her a Pillow Pet, which I think I love more than Kate does.

I think next year we may be able to pull out Elf on the Shelf and she will understand it a bit more. Maybe she won't be as naughty and break stuff or hit the dog if she know the elf is watching her; ha, yeah right! Speaking of breaking stuff, she was messing with my bookshelf and all my picture frames, candlesticks and Christmas stuff came tumbling down on her head. Phew, thanks goodness she was not hurt. Can't say the same for Joseph and baby Jesus...even super glue can't help put them back together. Darn kid. She also broke Tata Tony's mug before he opened the gift. Kate also enjoys using her chalk to write on walls and furniture. What fun it is to stay home with Kate during our break! But seriously, we know she is a toddler and our grateful that she is happy, healthy and FULL OF ENERGY! We keep telling ourselves this, over, and over, and over...



Notice what is on in the background? "A Christmas Story"


Since this blog is dedicated to Kate I want to let her know that she is the BEST present I have ever received. Her laughs, smiles, and even her naughty toddler antics is what makes my life complete. Merry Christmas Kate! I love you so so so so much!






1 comment:

  1. We had a wonderful Christmas with Kate. Grandma and Grandpa H.

    ReplyDelete