Monday, March 21, 2011

Happy 2nd Birthday Kate!

Kate celebrated her 2nd birthday with all her family and friends on Saturday March 19th. We held the celebration at Nana and Papa's house and I have to admit that it was a huge success. Everybody enjoyed the hot dog cart, watching the kids have fun and hit the Brobee pinata, and of course the candy bar (I think the adults were more excited about it then the kids)! If you can't tell by the pictures we had a Yo Gabba Gabba themed party. I don't particularly like the commercialized products they put out there for parties so I ran with my own theme. There were a few touches of Yo Gabba Gabba stuff such as the cupcake toppers, party bags and hats, and of course the Brobee pinata. Nana and I have been planning this for a while by cutting and pasting and assembling everything that needed to be done by Kate's big day. It didn't feel like a lot of work as I had so much fun planning Kate's party. The family thinks I go overboard, but it is all for Kate so it is worth it to me! I sometimes can't believe that I have a 2-year old daughter. Here it is past her 2nd birthday and it is time to send this blog off to print the second year of her life. She is really not a baby anymore, and I know has not been for a while, but a toddler and soon a preschooler (gasp! yikes!). This parenthood thing has not been easy at all, but the joy that Kate brings into our lives is indescribable. So if I go overboard with her, I guess it's my way of showing her and everyone around me how much I adore and love this child. Happy Birthday Kate!


"Brobee" Pinata



The "Candy Bar"

My homemade "Dum Dum" Topiary...can you guess how many lollipops there are? 122. That's a whole lotta dum dum's!

Papa giving Kate a ride on her new ride from Mommy and Daddy...before the party (notice her in diapers, a tee, and socks...so cute)

Homemade cupcakes by mommy

Kate and mommy waiting for the guests to arrive

Nana putting a "Brobee" party hat on the birthday girl

The party favor trolley

Message to the kids

The guest of honor hitting the pinata...she had way too much fun beating up poor Brobee!

Kate and Daddy

She LOVES all the attention on her (hmmm ~ just like mommy) while everybody sings Happy Birthday

Let's blow out your candles!



Deciding which present to open first...thanks everybody!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment