Thursday, March 10, 2011

Kids are Awesome!

This is our mantra, "Kids are Awesome!", when a little irritated with our little Miss Kate. Ok, ok, they really are but parenting definitely has its moments. These are things that Kate does that drives us mad:

Pulls all her clothes out of her drawers;
Yanks each and every last wipe from the container;
We leave the room for a second and upon return discover that Kate, or "destructo" as we call her has done something like: taken the post it notes from the drawer and peeled each one off and scattered them all over the house, opened the dishwasher and taken all the utensils and her sip cups out;
Pees on the carpet (ok, this has only happened once so far, but it's like a dog peed or something!);
Pours water out of her bath and onto the floor;
Takes the box of band aids and dumps them all over the floor;
Yells "nooooooooooooooooo" and runs away as you try to comb her hair;
Insists on putting on her pants but when she gets two legs in one pant leg goes crazy with a fit;
Insists on putting on her shoes but when she can't get them on goes crazy with a fit;
Her fits;
Insisting on watching "Bluesh Cluesh" but when you turn it on for her she does something else and then when you change the channel she yells, "BLUUUUUUUEEEESH CLUUUUUUUUUESH!"; Same for "Go Diego Go Go" and "Yo Yo";
When I am sick and not allowed to be sick as she gets mad at me for not running and playing with her;
Insisting on me more than Chris;
When she is overtired and I can't do anything right with her.



But I bet the list is much longer on what we absolutely ADORE about Kate, it goes a little something like this:

Her "sweet" face she makes when she is being a good girl;
Running to find me before she leaves for the sitter to say "bye" and give me a kiss and hug goodbye;
Her little laugh "heheheh" when she is unsure of something;
Her dancey dancey moves while watching "Yo Yo";
Singing to "Go Diego Go Go" and saying "clap clap clap" as she dances to the show;
Her crazy curly hair;
Her big brown eyes and long lashes;
Her face, which I tell her all the time..."I Love your face";
Picking her up from the sitter and she sees me and has this huge smile on her face and says "Yaaaaaayyyyyyy!";
Sitting on my lap and snuggling in me while she eats;
The way she holds her monkeys foot to her mouth ~ a sign that she is tired;
That she sleeps like 12 hours a night!!!!!;
That she is helpful and may be a little "OCD" like me about cleanliness;
Our morning routine in which I get her and wrap her in her blanket, get her chocolate milk and carry her to the couch...This is on Chris' "mad" list;
After her bath when she smells so good and is wrapped in her towel and I show her what she looks like in the mirror and say, "who's the pretty baby" and her face lights up;
Watching her learn something new each day;
That she is independent and likes to try things and do things by herself;
That she is energetic and active;
That she is healthy;
That she is our beautiful daughter!

1 comment:

  1. Awe, they are great :-). It's so funny because when she goes to sleep at night, somehow I still manage to miss her even if she's been driving me nuts.

    ReplyDelete