Wednesday, March 9, 2011

"Here you goak"

As mentioned in my previous post Kate is really starting to talk. Her favorite phrase is "here you goak", which for those of you who need translation is "here you go". At first I thought the "k" sound at the end of "go" was due to us always saying, "here you go, Kate" but my friend who is a speech pathologist said that it is a developmental thing. I guess the "g" and "k" sound require the use of the same muscles/formation in your mouth. Something like that. It is really neat to see Kate starting to talk to us and really use her words when needed. This helps alleviate some of the tantrums. Don't get me wrong, we have at least 1 (on a good day) crying episode a day and fighting us about something. We are not even close to the teenage years and we are already fighting on what she wants to wear! So by the picture you can tell that she chose her PJ's. It's Christmas in March! We let her pick out her PJ's, no biggie. She also loves to pick out her shoes, which often sounds like "juice" so we really have to figure out the context. This evening after she chose her PJ's, and proceeded to insist on putting them on herself (picture Kate with two legs in one pant leg with a confused look on her face), she wanted to play with her baby. Baby, books, and shoes...what else could a girl ask for?! Kate tosses her baby onto the floor and puts her monkeys in the stroller. I swear she did not learn that by watching us! I think she prefers the monkeys over her baby. She then hands me the jacket and says "here ya goak". I ask her if she needs help with the jacket and she says, "shacket". Kate even has her own miniature designer handbag (or "pursh" is baby speak) that she loves to put around her neck.





She is cracking me up with her words. I LOVE it!

1 comment:

  1. Super cute! Can't wait to see you guys and little miss Birthday girl next weekend! Love the mini designer handbag! And with the PJ thing, we just had Halloween in March! I think Kate & Grayson actually have the same ones!

    ReplyDelete